Country: Australia Location: Brisbane (Holt St) Job-ID: 352802 Job category: Finance
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a leading supplier of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry, and our operations and organizations are spread around the globe. We offer you a world of opportunities and our diverse businesses and cross-border networks enable you to explore your potential and thrive.
Sandvik currently has a position vacant for a Level 4 Warehouse Assistant to join the team in Pinkenba. Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, the Warehouse Supervisor will supervise the day-to-day activities involved with the supply of spare parts and materials from the warehouse to the customer. This role provides support in the day to day operations and activities involved with the supply of Spare Parts and Materials from the Warehouse to the end user in compliance with Sandvik Warehousing and Logistic procedures and processes.
Key performance areas
The Holt St Warehouse is an operation providing a high volume of warehouse and distribution service to both internal and external customers. Operational delivery service levels to customers are mandated to achieve prescribed Key Performance Targets.
- Comply with all aspects of the Sandvik EHS policy and any reasonable instruction, procedures or systems of work which are given in the interest of providing safe work places and eliminating environmental harm
- General warehouse maintenance and housekeeping
- Co-ordinate stock movements and liaise between all Sandvik supplier warehouses.
- Issuing stock to work orders and maintaining stock to the optimum level.
- Work closely with staff to plan day to day running of the warehouse.
- Carry out regular audits to ascertain stock levels.
- Assist in producing monthly data as requested.
- Assist in ongoing in-house training for team members.
- Purchasing, receiving and dispatching parts, orders and enquiries.
- Preparation of shipping documentation
- Conduct stock cycle counting and full stock takes
- Assist with inventory control
You must have good computer skills, be adaptable, committed to our “Zero Harm” attitude, and reliable.
You will need initiative, flexibility, high level of energy and enthusiasm, display excellent communication and customer relations skills. Additionally, you have experience managing a warehouse and staff, both casual and permanent. You will be familiar with WMS implementation and usage.
You will have a minimum of 5 years’ warehouse/stores experience in a Heavy Mining or Equipment Manufacturing environment as well as a Certificate IV in Warehousing or equivalent. An open and current Driver’s License, and Forklift License is essential.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
Agencies need not apply.
Our core values are the soul of the company. They guide us in our actions and daily business decisions. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are a core value (Fair Play).
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this we always act in line with our high ethical standards. Putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
We are a company with an open-minded culture, actively working to create a workplace that is characterized by diversity and inclusion.
How to apply
Click ‘Apply Now’ button, or access the Sandvik website www.sandvik.com/careers
Job Reference No: 352802