CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
Information & Communication Technology
Engineering – Network
The Voice NOC – Engineer’s role and function can be summarised as follows:
- Ensuring incidents are handled in accordance with TPG Service Level Agreements and incident management processes.
- Providing technical support to the Service Delivery/Provisioning teams in turning up and trouble-shooting services.
- Participating in projects that have relevance to Network Operations to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Ensuring the monitoring of TPG Voice Network is available at all times and alarms are actioned in accordance to OLA.
- Monitoring and actioning of Network & Customer Trouble tickets.
- Ensuring network reporting is accurate and is developed with network expansions, upgrades etc.
- Ensuring processes are available and maintained to the highest of standards.
To be considered for this position the candidate will require:
- Tertiary qualifications in Telecommunications or Electronics
- 2 years relevant experience in technical support role
- Sound knowledge of VoIP platforms, protocols (SIP, RTP, H323, H.248 etc.)
- Sound knowledge on TDM voice interworking (SS7, ISUP, ISDN etc.)
- Good understanding and experience of voice switching, NGN architecture and Telco environments
- Working knowledge of Linux systems and IP networking
- Very good knowledge of technical support process, Network Operation Centre environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Drive/initiative to improve yourself and the team.
Only persons with unlimited rights to work in Australia need apply.