To manage the Interpreting Unit within the Translation and Training Center (TTC), through providing interpreting services to TII clients and coordinating with all the actors involved in interpreting service provision (BPA owners, freelancers, technicians, clients, QF Finance …). S/he will also have to lead interpreting workshops, supervise Master students on the Internship Program, and coordinate the use of the interpreting room.
Key Result Areas:
- Manage the Interpreting Unit.
- Coordinate with contractors providing interpreting services and equipment on behalf of TII.
- Perform the entire spectrum of interpreting services from English into Arabic and vice versa
- Provide support and coaching for MA students wishing to learn and practice interpreting
- Receive and process interpreting requests from internal and external clients, including sending quotations, selecting interpreters, following up with clients, processing payments, and requesting feedback after the provision of services
- Put together interpreting teams to serve in various events according to their skills.
- Plan and monitor the work flow of interpreting projects from A to Z.
- Apply the quality assurance criteria adopted by TTC.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients.
- Develop and maintain relationships with contractors, freelancers, and BPA owners.
- Design and deliver interpreting-related workshops for the community.
- Keep abreast of and adopt current interpreting methodologies to ensure that the Department and the College remain at the forefront of the services market.
- Define interpreting needs and provide relevant guidance in terms of purchasing equipment and tools.
- Other reasonable tasks as assigned by TTC Director.
- A Mater’s degree in interpreting/translation or equivalent. (related fields)
- A solid, sustained background in the interpreting/translation business.
- At least 8 to 10 years of experience in the professional field.
- Knowledge of the latest interpreting services, technologies, methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of local and internal protocols.
- Knowledge of local and internal market needs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Fluency in English and Arabic; fluency in other languages is preferred (French, Spanish, German etc.)