Technical Project Manager
About the role
The Project Manager plays a key role in the successful delivery of major public transport projects as well as engaging with key stakeholders. By supporting the Principal Project Manager and the wider team, the Project Manager is also responsible for contributing to successful project delivery which maximises value for money for the State.
What we’re looking for
Essential (must have to be considered for the position)
- Demonstrated experience in complex IT integration and interface development projects with the ability to deliver specific components and/or complete project outcomes of major public system projects.
- Demonstrated experience with delivering complex website and web service projects with business critical and customer facing components.
- Demonstrated experience with delivering projects including ID Management and API platforms.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple inter-dependent vendors in a time-constrained environment to successfully deliver to agreed scope and quality
- Strong ability and understanding of integration testing required to ensure the delivered solution complies with outlined non-functional requirements including security and performance standards.
- Excellent stakeholder relationship management skills including the ability to influence decisions at management level both internally and externally.
- Commercially astute with the ability to support and contribute positively to commercial negotiations with suppliers, franchisees and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated excellent written communication skills including preparation of project scopes, reports, briefs and correspondence on issues associated with delivery of infrastructure projects.
- Proven understanding of complex organisational governance structures, reporting arrangements, and organisational protocols for reporting and briefings
Desirable (will be well suited to the role)
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary project teams with lots of different subject matter experts.
- Experience with e-commerce systems and/or account/card management systems.
- Tertiary qualification, or proven extensive experience, in engineering, project management, planning or related discipline is Mandatory.