Country: Australia Location: Mt Isa Job-ID: 352936 Job category: Maintenance
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a leading supplier of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry, and our operations and organizations are spread around the globe. We offer you a world of opportunities and our diverse businesses and cross-border networks enable you to explore your potential and thrive.
Sandvik is seeking an experienced Electrician to work at Mt Isa Workshop. The role is to carry out general low voltage electrical duties (automotive), maintenance, repairs and fault diagnosis work on Sandvik mobile equipment whilst maintaining availability and minimising costs and ensuring Site and SMC Safety and Environmental guidelines are adhered to.
Key performance areas
As the Service Technician, you would be responsible for:
- Carry out general low voltage electrical duties (automotive) and 1000v underground drilling equipment, maintenance, repairs and fault diagnosis work on Sandvik mobile equipment whilst maintaining availability and minimising costs and ensuring Site and SMC Safety and Environmental guidelines are adhered to.
- Performing electrical maintenance duties as directed and as per maintenance plans, to a standard that maintains the integrity of the equipment and does not compromise safe operation;
- Perform repair and fault finding using hydraulic and electrical schematics
- Provide relevant feedback to enable maintenance planning improvements in terms of efficiency and equipment integrity
- Providing relevant feedback to enable maintenance planning improvements in terms of efficiency and equipment integrity;
- Record keeping of parts usage, equipment monitoring, time records.
To qualify for this position, you must have as a minimum, the following qualifications and experience:
- Qualifications required Electrical Trade Certification
- Post trade experience of at least 2 years.
- Experience in remote control testing and repair
- Surface and underground mining and heavy mobile equipment experience is desirable.
- Experience with Sandvik products will be a distinct advantage.
- Strong customer service attitude as well as a drive and determination to achieve targets and goals.
- Some basic mechanical knowledge would be an advantage.
- Must hold a current National Police Clearance.
- Must have the ability to work underground.
- Must be able to work rostered shifts.
All candidates will be required to pass a Pre-Employment Medical & Drug and Alcohol test.
Our core values are the soul of the company. They guide us in our actions and daily business decisions. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are a core value (Fair Play).
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this we always act in line with our high ethical standards. Putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
We are a company with an open-minded culture, actively working to create a workplace that is characterized by diversity and inclusion.
What we offer
- A competitive remuneration package
- Superannuation that’s 2.5% above the superannuation guarantee
- An Employee Benefits Program
- Training opportunities for employees – from internal programs to contributions towards external studies.
- A Sandvik Wellness Program for employee’s who want to improve their health and welling.
How to apply
Click ‘Apply Now’ button, or access the Sandvik website www.sandvik.com/career.
Job Reference No: 352936
Int Ref: CF
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and safety. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools and tooling systems for metal cutting; equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries; products in advanced stainless steels and special alloys as well as products for industrial heating. In 2016, the Group had approximately 43,000 employees and sales of 82 billion SEK in more than 150 countries within continuing operations.