Business Line Program, Cost, Consultancy
Position Title Senior Quantity Surveyor, Dubai.
United Arab Emirates – Dubai
The Quantity Surveyor reports to the Construction Manager and is responsible for all quantity surveying activities with regards to the Program. He/ She represents the Construction Manager in all discussions regarding quantity surveying issues in discussions with the Client, progress meetings throughout the duration of the project, and communications regarding all quantity surveying matters with Contractors and other parties associated with the project.
- Monitoring Contractors cost control procedures throughout the duration of the project including the Construction Phase, Final Account and Defects Maintenance Phase.
- Implementing and maintaining all required cost control and audit procedures for all Project Cost Control
Activities designed to measure the project status.
- Assessing, evaluation and making recommendations related to any financial claim and providing the necessary input with regards to settling such claims.
- Establishing and maintaining variations and claims registers.
- Evaluation all variations, additional works, field changes, additions and omission, and incorporation of the same with the Monthly Cost reports.
- Preparing and pricing Change Orders and negotiating agreement with the Client and Contractor as necessary.
- Negotiating contracts with the contractor
- Conducting viability studies and cost estimates.
- Chairing and recording cost review meetings with Contractors.
Specific Skills Required:
- High level of literacy skills in English
- Excellent working knowledge of industry practices
- In depth knowledge of new forms and contracts
- Experience in the planning of comparable projects with Primavera or similar widely used programs for the planning and tracking of similar highway projects required
- Computer Literate
- Professional member of a Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyor in Quantity Surveying Division or any other Professional Member in Quantity Surveying in a recognized Institution (subject to Approval of the Client) with a minimum post qualified experience of 5 years or Bachelor Degree in Quantity Surveying from a recognized University with a minimum post qualified experience of 10 years or Master Degree in Quantity Surveying from a recognized University with a minimum post qualified experience of 8 years.
- 8+ years of experience in dealing with comparable transportation projects. Experience in claims/arbitration procedures and method is required.