Job ID 562972BRLocation Singapore, Central Singapore Community Development Council, SingaporeBusiness Direct-to-Consumer and International
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Company has been the preeminent name in the field of family entertainment; the Disney name has symbolized creativity, innovation, trust, decency, optimism and quality. It is also the world’s biggest family entertainment company powered by the biggest brands in storytelling: Disney, Pixar, Marvel, ABC, ESPN and Lucasfilm.
Walt Disney Southeast Asia was integrated in 2012 and have undergone rapid growth across multiple territories. With our regional headquarters located in Singapore, we also have offices in the region including Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines and Vietnam. We accelerate growth in our markets through local partnerships, increased localization and focus on high growth markets.
As of now, we have more than 300 permanent Disney employees are focused on creating happiness for you and your families through magical moments and lifelong memories.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF BUSINESS AND POSITION
Our businesses are genuinely diverse and dynamic. The range of work is impressive and challenging. Add to that the tremendous geographical coverage of this Region and you have a role which is truly varied. In view of Southeast Asia’s growth, we are now seeking a Senior Development Producer who will be responsible for developing new concepts and materials for long and short form content across all digital platforms, and keeping up with our target audiences.
- Lead the creative team in and actively participate in generating and developing creative ideas for projects across Branded Entertainment and Original Programming
- Oversee development of multiple productions, both scripted and unscripted; generate and develop creative ideas and concepts that are relevant to our content and brand priorities and objectives. Lead brainstorm sessions and write up and distribute notes
- Source and evaluate external pitches, concepts and treatments, provide development feedback and gather approvals and input from stakeholders (Editorial, Programming, Social, Communications).
- Managing assigned projects – content ideation, script writing, research, identifying talent, production involvement when required
- Spearhead the development of content, create innovative, inspiring content in all forms and durations, connecting with audiences worldwide and ultimately benefitting Disney brand and business. Prepare clear Development Notes to help Screenwriters address these.
- Identifying trends within pop culture that can be utilized to create amazing content
- cultivate creative relationships with emerging industry artists eg: writers, directors, actors, producers
- Attend Film Festivals and other industry events, developing a strong network of contacts within the content and media industry.
The ideal candidate would have strong storytelling experience and a portfolio of great creative work in TV, features and digital content, with a strong passion for and understanding of current media landscape and trends, along with a voracious appetite for TV and film.
- A creative visionary, with 10+ years of practical experience, with a proven track record in developing and producing distinctive content
- Understanding of the production process from creative conception, pre production, production and delivery
- University Degree level education (preferably in Film Studies, Journalism or similar) or equivalent practical experience
- An excellent all-round communicator and ‘storyseller’ – inspiring internally and pitching externally to clients, commissioners, etc.
- Strong grasp and understanding of changing audience tastes, current production trends and new technologies
- Possesses knowledge of international markets, particularly SEA with an innate curiosity to explore and develop understanding of region and cultures for application at work
- Adaptable and versatile to the varied environments in which we operate
- Fluent in English; additional languages are a plus
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and multi task projects at various stages of completions
At Disney, having a diverse workforce is critical to our business. We welcome a variety of opinions, ideas and perspectives to ensure we continue to top our own performance and represent our global marketplace. When our people reflect the communities we serve, it enhances the way we connect to our guests, audiences and consumers. Together, we work toward an inclusive environment that fosters creativity, innovation and camaraderie across all of our companies.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.