ALTRAN is seeking an experienced Senior Civil Engineer to join the construction team. The successful candidate will manage all aspects of the assigned PV projects throughout its life cycle and ensure projects are completed on schedule and within budget, while minimizing risks and maximizing margins on a variety of solar energy projects across GCC, Middle East, Africa, Asia-Pacific.
Expertise in ground mounted solar installation involves a lot of civil engineering activities such as substation construction, inverter room construction, installing mounting structures etc. A Solar Civil Engineer’s responsibility is to design and implement robust civil infrastructure that will support all the electrical infrastructure for 25 years.
HeShe will be part of the Dubai office and report directly to the Business Account Manager for Energy & Utilities.
- This is a site-based role and will report to the Senior Site Manager.
- Will oversee, monitor and audit the work being done on site.
- Will participate in meetings with the developers, off-taker and EPC contractor to advise on progress with the project and discuss resolutions to issues with the quality, schedule, budget and safety.
- You will have overall accountability for the civil engineering work being carried out on-site, with the main priority managing the contract and relationship with the EPC contractor.
- Inspecting field sites to observe, evaluate condition, operability of facilities and structures, and to collect field survey data and measurements.
- Technical due diligence of multi-megawatt PV projects.
- Design PV power plants.
- Develop drainage concept, cut and fill and soil stabilization and standard details for road and foundations.
- Specify minimum requirements for fix tilt support structures and single/double axis trackers.
- Design mechanical support structures for cables and other equipment.
- Support and supervise all construction site related tasks.
- Check and approve the design of PV engineers and CAD designers.
- According to area of expertise, provide inputs to the capacity development plan and act as lead resource person/trainer/facilitator in the development of Uzbekenergo capacity and Uzbekistan institutional capacity on solar energy.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art technical skills in materials & methods in all applicable engineering, architectural & construction areas.
- To prepare R.C.C drawings for Pile Foundation, Well Foundation, Open Foundation & Raft Foundation.
- To prepare Staging, shuttering and drawings for Pier Caps.