Date Posted: 1/25/2018
- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Job Type:
- Experience: Not Specified
- Date Posted: 1/25/2018
- Job ID: R0026959
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
As a member of the product analytics team, you will
• Become a domain expert in your product areas and conduct rigorous data analysis to help improve customer experiences and identify profitable growth opportunities
• Work cross-functionally with product, engineering, design, and marketing teams to build world-class products and design hypothesis-driven experiments; make clear, coherent and holistic recommendations based on test results
• Leverage Objective & Key Results (OKR) framework to identify product metrics and monitor product performance through dashboards and ad hoc analysis
• Present findings and recommendations to business and non-technical stakeholders
Analyst, Product Analytics
At PayPal, we continue to push the boundary of what technology can do to make a difference in the world we live in. We believe that now is the time to reimagine money, to democratize financial services so that managing and moving money is a right for all citizens, not just the affluent. For that, we are seeking far and wide for that select handful of exceptional world-class problem solvers with a passion for data insights and relentless focus on execution.
- You are curious and inquisitive: love digging into data and uncovering insights
- You are hyper-analytical and intellectually honest, truly believing in data-driven decisions and communicating your ideas through storytelling
- You are a highly motivated, result-oriented self-starter, enjoy working in a fast-pace environment, and can deliver successful results with minimal guidance
- You are a fun-loving, adventurous team player
As a member of the product analytics team, you will
- Become a domain expert in your product areas and conduct rigorous data analysis to help improve customer experiences and identify profitable growth opportunities
- Work cross-functionally with product, engineering, design, and marketing teams to build world-class products and design hypothesis-driven experiments; make clear, coherent and holistic recommendations based on test results
- Leverage Objective & Key Results (OKR) framework to identify product metrics and monitor product performance through dashboards and ad hoc analysis
- Present findings and recommendations to business and non-technical stakeholders
- Data driven mindset with degree in a quantitative discipline such as Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics or Economics
- Fluent in SQL and Excel or ability to learn quickly on the job; experience with a statistical programming language (e.g., R, Python), visualization tools such as Tableau or Qlikview, and/or web analytics tools (e.g., Adobe Omniture, Google Analytics) preferred
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to influence cross-functional teams
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Individuals seeking employment at PayPal are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You have the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.