BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
BlackRock is seeking a team-oriented individual who can immediately add value to the Index and Data Solutions team, and its internal and external clients located in the APAC region. The Index and Data Solutions team is responsible for the index and data strategy for the firm and the management of the commercial relationships with each provider. This full-time VP position will be responsible for the strategic sourcing of index and market data products that address the firm’s requirements and services at the most favorable total cost of ownership, and provide guidance and support to internal and external clients. IDS team do not have any local presence in APAC today, and therefore this individual will be required to help build out local engagement working closely with the providers and internal stakeholders located in the region. Individual will be supported by the Global IDS team.
- Partner with internal stakeholders and legal in the negotiation of various index and market data agreements to attain beneficial commercial terms and mitigate business risk
- Development of strategic sourcing opportunities through the introduction of a competitive marketplace, demand management, supplier consolidation, and process reengineering
- Implement strategic planning for sourcing services at the group, departmental and divisional levels
- Manage index and data relationships and negotiate related agreements
- Track and communicate internally industry trends and market intelligence
- Communicate to internal clients the commercial obligations stemming from provider contracts
- Work with manager to develop and manage strategic sourcing plans to achieve efficiencies, while maintaining the highest possible levels of service
- Work with the BlackRock Solutions business to support client onboarding process, overseeing the market data channel of the implementation, and providing guidance to clients and prospective clients around index and data licensing
- Assist BlackRock Solutions with index and data related queries/ requirements from existing clients
- Interpersonal skills to elicit pertinent information from stakeholders at all levels and interact with external clients
- Analytical skills to evaluate information gathered from multiple sources
- Strong communication skills to clearly convey perspectives and analysis to stakeholders, fluent English and Japanese is essential to handle Japanese speaking clients.
- Ability to work autonomously and build strong relationships with internal clients and data sources
- Must be organized, detail orientated, responsive and be able to adapt quickly to a rapidly changing environment
- Familiarity with some of the local Index and Data providers preferred but not required, these include Tokyo Stock Exchange, Nomura, Nikkei, R&I, Japan Credit Rating Agency, Koscom, Hang Seng Stock Exchange, Osaka Stock Exchange,, Quick Corp, Xebral and IFIS Japan
- Commercial contract knowledge preferred, but not required
- Technical skillsets and knowledge preferred, but not required
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in the financial industry.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.