Job no: 40030810_06082018
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Sydney CBD Area
Categories: Marketing & Communications, Analytics
Whichever way our customers choose to engage with us, our people are accountable, motivated and passionate about delivering an exceptional level of service and enhancing financial wellbeing
About the business & team
The Group Data Office is accountable for developing Group’s data strategy, data policy & standards, governance and set requirements for data enablers/tools. The team is also accountable for facilitating a community of practitioners to share best practice and build data and analytics talent and capabilities.
The Strategy & Operations team within the Group Data Office is primarily accountable for developing and monitoring progress against the Group’s data management strategy, enhancing data management capabilities among data practitioners, and fostering greater awareness across the Group.
About the Opportunity
The role plays a pivotal role in driving an uplift in the data management capabilities of our people, improving Group-wide awareness of the criticality of data management, and act as a key conduit for external engagements. Specifically, assess, define, and develop (within budget) a data management capability development program that can be leveraged across varying levels of data management proficiency and seniority. And secondly, develop and execute a communications plan to uplift data management awareness and the Group Data Office brand.
What does success look like?
Core responsibilities of this role are:
- Develop vision to uplift data management people capabilities.
- Work with other members of the Group Data Office and key stakeholders (e.g., HR, Risk Business School, Data Offices) to assess data management capability gaps, identifying the impact of those gaps to enable appropriate prioritisation for capability development.
- Develop and execute a communications plan, partnering with members of the Group Data Office and key Business Unit/Support Unit stakeholders to ensure it is fit-for-purpose, to uplift data management awareness and the Group Data Office brand.
- Influence senior leaders of the importance of people engagement and facilitate idea generation to drive community engagement initiatives.
- Develop a means to track and monitor progress of capability and awareness uplift and apply this to continually refine approaches (e.g., surveys).
- Develop external presentations as required to support the Group Data Officer in external engagements to learn and share best practices.
- Partner with HR and Campus Talent Acquisition to develop and support delivery of events and initiatives that engage the external Analytics community to enable talent attraction and to support data management intern and grad recruitment.
- Operate within the CBA Group risk appetite and effectively manage strategic and operational risk.
What will help you succeed?
- Extensive experience with community management and communications.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and interpret business data and strategy to create meaningful messages and communications, both written and verbal, with proven ability to influence senior leaders and build trust and commitment.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills to collaborate across a large volume of teams and stakeholders at all levels of the organisation, ensuring buy-in on vision and approach for community engagement.
- Continuous improvement mind-set
- Relentless focus on stakeholder outcomes
- Appropriate balance of intellectual curiosity and rigor with commercial and operational pragmatism.
The people, businesses and communities we serve are wonderfully diverse. To reflect this, we’re committed to hiring a similarly diverse workforce. With a focus on inclusion, accessibility and flexibility, we’ll support you at every stage of your career.