The Office of Marketing and Communication is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Events Officer to provide professional support to develop, implement and evaluate high-quality, integrated events program for the University.
The role will be responsible for the execution of a portfolio of second tier events and will provide support to the Manager, Events, and Events Coordinator with large and complex tier one events.
• Manage all stages of event planning from initial brief through to execution and post-event activities
• Project management, including venue and supplier negotiation/ bookings, planning, staffing requirements, way-finding, transport, catering, and budgeting
• Coordinate event logistics with Event Officers as required
• Provide input and support to draft proposals, budgets, briefs and plans on marketing, events and programs
• Build and strengthen the University’s relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
• Manage website updates and event registration systems
• Prepare event documents and reports to inform future planning
• Maintain project budgets and oversee financial processes, including generating purchase orders and processing invoices
• Required to attend events as and when required (weekend work required on occasion)
To be successful in this role, you will hold a relevant degree and/or an equivalent combination of substantial professional experience and training within a marketing/events/communications environment. You have experience in the process of managing events and have the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines with superb attention to detail. Importantly, you are a lateral thinker who performs under pressure. Please review the position description and address the selection criteria to be considered for the role.
This position is a full-time, ongoing position based at our Penrith campus (Werrington North) relocating to Hawkesbury in the near future.
Remuneration Package: HEW Level 6 $91,089 to $97,671 p.a. (comprising salary $76,971to $82,533 plus 17% superannuation and leave loading).
Position Enquiries: Marina Shakshouk (02) 9678 7076 or email email@example.com
Closing Date: 12 March 2018