- Job No
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Australia – Central: Sydney
- Transport: Roads and Highways
SMEC has joined forces with Surbana Jurong to provide global engineering and consultancy expertise in urban, infrastructure and management advisory. Our new partnership has created a talent pool of 13,000 dedicated people working across a network of 95 offices in 40 countries.
We have an exciting opportunity for a recent School Leaver who has completed HSC/Year 12 with an interest in design of Infrastructure to be trained as a Civil Drafter. This is a great chance to learn in an environment that will provide you with the support, mentoring and access to some of the most highly respected engineers in the industry. In this role, you can look forward to;
- Being involved in large scale and complex Infrastructure design projects
- Working with the Civil Team to produce drawings and models
- Learning the latest 2D Drafting, 3D Modelling and Visualisation software
- Studying a Diploma of Civil Construction Design (1 day per week at TAFE Ultimo for 3 years)
- Developing your technical and personal skills through regular training and development sessions
Suitable applicants will have:
- An interest in the design of Roads & Highways, Railways and Water Infrastructure
- Good communication, interpersonal skills and be a team player
- Enthusiasm for software, technology and coding
- A willingness to learn new skills and develop solutions using experience
In return, SMEC offers you the benefits that come from working in a global multidisciplinary consultancy such as flexible working arrangements, extended leave options and host of social, health and wellbeing events and initiatives throughout each year.
How to apply
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” link below and follow the prompts.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Nancy Onyeka 02 9907185.
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at http://www.smec.com.
SMEC is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is a source of strength for our people, our clients, our partners and our communities. We encourage people of all backgrounds particularly Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent to apply.