Before you begin searching for an job in Australia, it’s vital to have the correct visa that will enable you to work. Not all visas will naturally give you the privilege to work in Australia, and some may have conditions connected.
Australian visa types
Two of the most common visas available are the temporary work (skilled) visa (subclass 457) and the skilled independent visa (subclass 189):
The 457 visa – allows a skilled worker to work in Australia in a nominated occupation approved by a sponsor for up to four years, providing that the sponsor is an approved business
The 189 visa – is for skilled workers who are not sponsored by an employer or family member or nominated by a state or territory government.
You can find out more about different visa options and considerations at http://www.immi.gov.au and our article on finding a visa.
Looking for jobs in Australia
You can get an idea of what jobs are available by keeping a close eye on Australian job websites. Popular websites to get jobs in Australia include:
These websites can also give you an idea of what salary is paid and how this can vary by experience and job type.
Getting a job in Australia
Typically you would apply for a job following an advertisement for a position by providing the employer a covering letter and a resume.
Generally, job Interviews are an important part of the process of applying for a job and may range in formality from a casual conversation to a series of discussions with multiple people that work in the company.
5 INTERVIEW TIPS!
- Do your examination – Find out about the organization, what they do, in the event that they have had any ongoing item dispatches, what their last year’s benefit was and so on.
- Practice your answers – There are some regular inquiries that will spring up, for example, why you are the ideal individual for the activity, and what are your qualities and shortcomings, so it’s great to have answers to these inquiries arranged ahead of time.
- Look the part, dress for progress – establish the best connection you can. First appearances truly do tally.
- Stay quiet and inhale – Good arrangement is the way to remaining quiet. Practice, practice, practice!
- Ask questions – You ought to dependably have a few inquiries arranged to demonstrate that you are truly intrigued by the position.